Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Escape the Madness


"What's for dinner?" Some days I hate that question more than others.

There are days I don't want to work at ABC Company and be someone's corporate dog on a leash. There are days I don't want to come home after my full-time day job and be a wife, mother, daughter, daughter-in-law, sister, sister-in-law, aunt, niece and cousin. I don't care what's for dinner! I just want to be me.

There are days when I even forget my name. Someone calls "Mommy" and I turn my head. Someone even had the nerve to call me ma'am the other day. *cringing* 

There are days when I just want to escape the madness...

I'll pick up the latest Sabrina Jeffries romance and be a member of the ton. I'll pick up the latest Lynn Kurland romance and be swept away to some far away, mystical land with Mage's and time-traveling Highlanders. Oh, the possibilities.

When I get really adventurous, my own stories fight their way out of my head and my fingers do not leave the keyboard until they are out. I love to escape. *happy sigh*

Then reality comes crashing down upon me. My son runs into my office wearing only his  Batman underwear, wielding his sword. He does a few thrusts and yells, "I am Spartacus! Champion of Capua!" Then my daughter yells up, "What's for dinner?"

What do you do to escape the madness?

2 comments:

  1. The Batman underwear made me laugh. My kids were He-man and Shera when they were small. I can still see them raising their plastic swords shouting "I have the power!" They are now grown and out on their own, but madness still attacks. Cooking, reading, and music are big escapes for me, though mainly, I write, and I travel as much as possible. Thanks for sharing a day in your life, Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get past your son in Batman underwear shouting "I am Spartacus! Champion of Capua!" Great post. Made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete