Sunday, November 28, 2010

Black Friday, Cyber Monday


It is with a gentle sadness that we say goodbye to another Thanksgiving holiday. The turkey, stuffing, cranberries, eating ourselves into oblivion and watching football--well, that is still around. Go Steelers! There were even some of you brave enough to attempt Black Friday and I commend you for your efforts on finding those great deals. 

The dh and I actually did attempt it. Yep. It consisted of walking into Kohl's and bolting straight back out. The line was half-way around the store! *sigh* I truly have no patience for shopping. With the Christmas season right around the corner, I better get myself in gear.   

Cyber Monday is tomorrow. Wouldn't it be nice to stay home in your jammies, curl up in front of the computer and never have to leave your house to shop? My niece believes you just punch in a bunch of numbers and everything on-line is free. Did you know you can even overnight something to your doorstep the next morning? Ah, the blissful unawareness of youth.

So what about you? Do you Black Friday or Cyber Monday or both? I prefer the latter.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I wish your niece was right and everything ordered across the web was free! Wouldn't that be awesome? It reminds me of when my kids were little and they thought ATM's were money machines and supplied you with money whenever you wanted. Ahhh...youth...so very naive.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. My son still says, "Just go to the bank and take out money. There's a machine there." *pointing to ATM* They're funny.

    ReplyDelete