Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I Got the Call (Again)!

These past couple months have just been full of excitement. I signed with my wonderful agent, Jill Marsal, in April. The fabulous Rae Monet finished my website this week. Jimmy Thomas is the cover model gracing my website and blog and I just received the most important call in my career. 

I just landed a three book deal with Sourcebooks!

As any writer can attest, this was a tedious journey with many ups and downs. It's definitely been a roller coaster ride on the road to publishing. Fortunately, I'm still on that high and have not thought long-term about reviews and marketing. *waves hand in air in dismissive gesture* There's plenty of time for that later. Right now, I'm just living in the moment.

I want to take this opportunity to thank my CP, writer/chapter friends and family. I have a great support team and you make my job so much easier. Thanks to my husband who has made countless dinners while I'm knee deep in the Highlands. Thanks to my beautiful daughter for her endless support and praise. You were right. I only had to believe in myself. And how could I forget my handsome little lad in training? Even though you were the only one in Kindergarten speaking Scottish Gaelic, I appreciate your support!  

I'm sure I'll be up late tonight tossing and turning and pondering things to come. For right now, I've accomplished my dream. *sigh*

Career. Onward. Now. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your success. It's hard work.

    I love your new website. It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete